Dear Sojourner: Our wonderful world is on the road to recovery from COVID-19 and we couldn’t be more thankful. As one chapter in the annals of this pandemic closes, a new one opens—and so it is with Annville Inn. With Pennsylvania’s travel ban and our county’s color code updated, and with guests like you excited about getting away for a while, Annville Inn Bed & Breakfast is ready to make your stay one that is as safe as it is enjoyable… a true respite from any stress you may be holding onto. Keep scrolling for ways to enjoy Annville Inn and the many enhancements we’ve made so you can plan your trip with confidence.
Being very clear: Our first concern is the safety of our guests, and of course the safety of ourselves (helpers + innkeepers.) We are doing everything possible to assure safety, and we know this is a partnership—guests of ours or any business must also do certain things to help ensure everyone’s safety. We are all working together successfully!
We are thrilled that our state is on the road to recovery from COVID-19. The travel ban in Pennsylvania has been lifted, and with many guests like you planning their first getaway of the season, we’re here to make sure your stay is safe, enjoyable, and truly a relaxing respite from the stress of everyday life. We are looking forward to your visit. We want you to know we are taking every precaution to ensure we have done our part to sanitize to help protect the health and safety of our guests and staff. We are following the guidelines outlined in the Pennsylvania Bed & Breakfast Inns Promise.
Read on for the many changes we have made to allow you to travel and get away with confidence.
Breakfast definitely will not sacrifice! Scrumptious as ever. We now serve all guests individually, nobody else will be at your table unless you are a group traveling together. We are now using our seldom used second dining room, our main dining room, the Garden Room and other locations in order to ensure safety for everyone.
As always, we do our utmost to accommodate all dietary restrictions.
As always, since “day one” 15 years ago, we practice the highest ServeSafe policies in our kitchen. Everything is prepared with extreme care.
Slight Chocolate Change ?
Our guests love our bowls of individually wrapped chocolates placed throughout the Inn’s public rooms and in all the guest rooms. For now, we’ve removed the bowls of chocolate, but they are still available—just ask and we’ll leave a bowl in your room for your enjoyment!
Water Feature Modification—Swimming Pool OPEN
The CDC tells us Hot Tubs, Jacuzzis and Swimming Pools are not vectors of COVID-19—but people close together are! For that reason, the swimming pool remains open 24 hours/day. The hot tub now needs to be reserved, but it is still open. Reserving it gives us a chance to sanitize and wipe down control panels and other high touch areas between uses. Of course, your in-room Jacuzzis are open as usual, and we wipe down and sanitize as we always have between uses.
Movie Theatre Modification—Theater OPEN
As always, the movie theatre is available around the clock. Like the hot tub, we now need guests to reserve time in the Theatre in order to give us time to wipe down and sanitize between uses
Your Room’s Sanitary Assurance
We are licensed by Select Registry StaySmart to ensure your room is thoroughly sanitized and safe for use. This unusual situation brought a bit of a smile to us because all the sanitary precautions now being touted, we have always done, since Day One 15 years ago. Yes, we are “germaphobes” and we have cringed when staying at a hotel…”How clean is that remote?” “Did they really sanitize the telephone in the room? Who last spoke into it?” “Is that water glass really clean or did they just reseal it?” We always—forever—have traveled with a can of Lysol and sanitized our hotel room, even the finest 5-star. We took those habits with us when we launched Annville Inn. As a matter of course, every remote, ever television button, every lamp pull and light switch—every doorknob and definitely all parts of the bathroom are thoroughly sanitized between each and every visit.
Some extra safety precautions we are now taking:
- Room refreshes each afternoon are now on hold. We can provide fresh linens to our guests whenever they want them, and we provide a place to put towels and other cloths, so they don’t stay in your room.
- Our popular jig saw puzzle table and other amenities that are high touch are now unavailable until well after our country gets the “all clear.”
- Of course, the high-end cleaning and sanitizing mentioned above—the remotes, doorknobs, handles, lamp pulls, light switches, etc. are all thoroughly cleaned between visits.
- We are not booking rooms back to back in order for them to air out between visitors and in order for us to put in extra time cleaning and refreshing the room to ensure the next guest has a perfectly safe stay.
- Bathrooms are always thoroughly scrubbed and sanitized as always. Same for showers and other high touch areas.
- Your room has been carefully cleaned before your arrival.
- Bed linens and all surfaces have been sanitized.
- Your room will not be refreshed while you are here. No one but you will enter your room. A basket of supplies you might need will be placed outside your door each day. Of course, if you need any special maintenance, please let us know.
- We are following the guidelines outlined in the Pennsylvania Bed & Breakfast Inns Promise. Read on for the many changes we have made to allow you to travel and get away with confidence.
- All guest rooms and common areas are cleaned and sanitized regularly for your peace of mind. Guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned prior to new guest arrival and after guest check.
- Hand sanitizer stations are positioned in our main lobby, the dining rooms, both coffee bars, in the Conservatory at the check-in desk, and in guest rooms.
- All staff are in masks and we want you to be as well when not in your room.
- Breakfast servers will be wearing masks to serve food.
All staff are in masks and we (and our Governor) want you to be as well when not in your room or when eating breakfast, or swimming or hot tubbing. Masks are a way of saying, “I am compassionate and caring of my fellow human beings. I highly regard them, and I wear my mask for their protection.”
- We come from a long line of hand shakers and huggers. Sadly, we can neither hug nor shake hands with our guests now, but we do welcome “space hugging!” ?
- We have marked the floor in the main lobby to give folks a visual of just how far a six-foot separation should be.
- Coffee Bar still open, but we ask only one traveling couple at a time behind the bar where the microwave and beverage cooler are.
We’re Here for You!
If you have any questions for us or want to speak with Rosalie or Craig, we would love to discuss your upcoming trip with you. From questions about our enhanced cleaning routines to safe itinerary planning and more, we’re ready to help! Call (717) 867-1991 or email[email protected]. Get updates and connect with us on our Facebook page or Instagram page.
Always Book Direct…
You have many options to book Annville Inn Bed & Breakfast. There are all the travel sites out there, most of whom mimic our Web page, so visitors think they are on our genuine Website…but they are not. Please be sure you are at www.annvilleinn.com to book your stay with us. This has many advantages for you:
- Our service is a very personal and tailored experience, unlike the more indifferent 3rd party booking services.
- We can better tailor your visit here by finding out what you seek and helping you to get it.
- We also can better tailor your diet restrictions, if any, if we have direct contact with you.
- If there is ever a better price for our rooms, it is always through our own Website, and never through any booking service.
The entire booking experience is far better booking directly with us or any other hotel or inn or B&B wherever your travels take you. Be a part of the Book Direct Movement.