A truly inspired lodging experience! Guests always marvel at the hidden entrance and fun secret passageway leading to a 5-sided door, which opens into the bright and spacious Secret Room, which always draws “ooohs” and “ahhhs”. Enjoy the handsome Arts & Crafts/Mission decor. The red sofa and ottoman are a perfect complement to the Craftsman king bed. Have fun trying to find the secret compartments in our 220-year-old Chippendale desk.
Experience a weekend getaway from New York City! The perfect hideaway getaway from DC! Our home is your home away from home from wherever you hail. Your fireplace adds gracious ambiance. Are you an early riser? Then you don’t want to miss the sunrise while you are seated on your deck, perhaps with a cup of tea or coffee. Revel in your commanding view of the mountains, swimming pool and gardens.
Secret Room amenities include:
- King bed
- Sofa for two with ottoman
- Large tiled bathroom
- Private entrance and deck
- Easy access to the swimming pool, pergola,
- Calendar Garden and the rest of our expansive gardens.
- Luxurious linens
- Individual climate control
- Historic desk & chair
- Unique camel back trunk
- Handsome mission décor and antiques
- Two skylights and picture window door, allwith shades to control lighting.