Enjoy a relaxing and educational experience in our Hershey B&B, explore Pennsylvania Amish Country, and spend four hours at our Inn with a wine expert. Learn different wine values, tasting and paring, and how to judge a wine. Book two or more nights, and enjoy all the following during your stay:
We will help to put together a group of four if you do not have four people already. If you have less than four, we can create a wait list for you as we await more enrollees. The first step is to call us and let us know of your interest!
- Spend up to four hours learning and having fun!
- Learn how to read wine labels, extracting details many people miss.
- Introduction into the basic principles of wine production from vine to bottle!
- Examine the “Big Six” wines. Sample them!
- Properly evaluate wine through sniffing, swirling, tasting.
- Examine global aspects of wine from color to aroma and more.
- Judge differences of wine characteristics including aroma and body.
- Enjoy learning surprising pairings of certain wines and specific foods.
- From “New World” wines to “Old World” wines, this class is inclusive of major aspects of wine enjoyment.
This class available to those who have first attended our Wonderful World of Wine 101 class.
- Like the 101 classes, this is an exclusive experience…we limit the number of participants.
- Based upon your understanding of wines gleaned from our Wine 101 classes, you now move on to basic wine pairing and putting a variety of wines into tests with a selection of foods.
- During the tests, each class participant will rate a selection of wines exploring how they pair with a spectrum of foods. Some you will rate “neutral” and others will go above or below that line. We will chart the results in true “test kitchen” examination.
- The pairing will include a variety of main course and appetizer foods, both hot and cold.
- Unlike some “wine dinners” where pairings are described, our test kitchen approach to wines and a broad range of foods gives the student a much broader scope of experiential knowledge. For example, instead of learning the results of pairing a particular wine with one entre, you will experience a variety of wines with not one entre sample but many.
This cross-section of flavors, nationalities, environments, grape varieties and other factors will give you a new depth of knowledge and experience.
You’ll then be ready for Wonderful World of Wine 301, planned for late 2022. So you have plenty of time before that class…plenty of time to get real world experience and expertise via our 101 and 201 classes.
Wonderful World of Wine 201: Per Person: $185 each (Plus Room Rate based upon 1-2 occupants)
- Call Rosalie at 717-867-1991 to schedule your two-night stay at the Inn. When you call, Rosalie will be able to review dates.
- Rosalie will get you set up and booked for your fun wine experience.
- Please know that we have limited availability for these exclusive classes. We have often had guests request this experience, and we wish we could accommodate everyone. Our model for the best experience possible requires we offer this on a first come, first served basis, so please check your calendar and call now!
- Per person: $185 each plus lodging (based upon availability).
- Want to bring other couples with you for a friend’s getaway? Tuition drops to $165 each plus lodging (based upon availability) with six or more persons and a slight redesign of our curriculum in order to accommodate the larger experience.
Lead time: We recommend eight weeks prior to desired arrival date. Subject to availability and ability to gather a minimum number of students–usually easy to do. For example, we launched this package in October of 2020 and within a month had our first class assembled.
|This package can be added by calling your Innkeeper to make these special arrangements. To enjoy this package, please call 717.867.1991.|